Tuesday, November 05, 2002

hmmm.... my fault then.... could be the exam stress haha... Well, as far as intentions go, I only seek Biblically based talk. When I consider what could have been posted here, I'd take tough discussions over frivolous chatter. But these are not foolish arguments, simply coz they weed out false teachings.

Forgive me again if I appear too contentious, (gosh how long?), but the reason why we take to these threads of discussion with a queasy disposition is because we already assume all involved to be part of Christ's body. (Whoa, that's a hyperbolic ball from Joses...) I refer back to Paul's exhortation to "test the spirits". I guess one way to uncover "false teachings" is to see if they contradict Scripture. That should be easy enough, but the problem lies in today's relativistic, pluralist society. All views are accepted, all opinions are justified. This leaves Scripture open to interpretation when it should not be so. The Fall of Man is now an allegory, Noah's ark too.

This is part of the war; yes, we may lose a few campaigns, but victory is already in God's hands. Is that reason to stop warring? The devil keeps on attacking despite his ultimate defeat.

I must admit I take a pretty tough stance. Unity in Christ's body cannot come about if we allow false teachers to infiltrate and contaminate. It is my desire to see true unity in doctrine(truth) and love(spirit), that Jesus' prophecy in John 4 may be fulfilled. That is my ultimate aim, instead of just making everyone feel warm and fuzzy.

Trust me, I'm not the only one "slinging mud". My uncle (who's now attends church irregularly) keeps trying to show me how much my church has left the fundamental position to admit liberal preachers. But he himself admits that he won't be leaving the church coz of the strong ties with pple he's cultivated over the years. THAT basis can serve as a platform for reconcilation and repentance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home